Human iPSC-derived respiratory cell plates: airway & alveolar multi-well plates for pathophysiological and therapeutic R&D.
Human iPSC-derived Airway plates (cells in ALI formats)
- Robust recapitulation of human airway morphology as well as gene/protein expression and function (Inc. Cilia), for which functionally relevant assays can be used.
- Reproduction of human airway pathologies well, including SARS-CoV-2 and flu infection and long-term inhalant/pollutant chemical exposure.
- Strong epithelial barrier, which is highly advantageous for performing TEER assay.
Human iPSC-derived Airway plates (cells in multi-well)
- iPSC-derived airway epithelial cells are in ready-to-use multi-well format.
- Highly suitable for higher throughput assays such as drug screening.
- Great scalability with very limited well-to-well/lot-to-lot variability utilizing our proprietary iPSC-based technologies.
- Reproduction of human airway pathologies well, including SARS-CoV-2 and flu infection.
- Useful for concurrently evaluating airway toxicity of multiple toxicants.
Human iPSC-derived Alveolar plates (cells in ALI formats)
- Recapitulate human alveolar gene/protein expression, reproducing both type 1 and 2 cells orphologically accurately.
- Reproduce human alveolar pathologies well, including SARS-CoV-2 infection and human lung toxicities.
- Yin X, Riva L, Pu Y, Martin-Sancho L, Kanamune J, Yamamoto Y, et al.
「Cell Reports」 2020; 34: 108628.
- Izumi Kimura, Daichi Yamasoba, Tomokazu Tamura, Naganori Nao, Tateki Suzuki, Yoshitaka Oda,… Kei Sato. (2022)
「Cell」online on September 13,2022
- MORE INFORMATION FOR Cell Products
- Multi-well plates and ALI (air-liquid interface) of airway &alveolar cells available; organoids constituted from the same cells also available if right conditions are met.
- Plates can be available on-demand or as subscription.
- Standardized unaffected control cell plates readily available.
- Patient-origin organoids available on demand -inquiry welcome.
- Airway vs Alveolar comparison (e.g., SARS-CoV-2 variants) can be conducted reliably and reproducibly.
- Overseas shipping available from our main lab in Kyoto, Japan.
- Users in top academia and pharmaceuticals worldwide.
- Contact us for customized/fit-for-purpose respiratory cell & organoid generation from patient-origin iPSCs.
- Inquiries on pricing and other details very much welcome.
Services utilizing our proprietary human iPSC-derived respiratory cells and organoids.
From investigational target identification leveraging high quality recapitulation,
to large-scale, standardized high –throughput screening based on our scalability.
Three dimensional, physiologically and morphologically relevant characteristics of our organoids
can be leveraged with our unique organoid-specific assays on offer.
Lung Toxicity profiling services
Our cells’ and organoids’ morphological manipulability, durability & scalability can be leveraged for high throughput screening.
Unaffected control cells/organoids for generic toxicity studies, as well as patient-derived and/or ene-edited cells/organoids for more specific mechanistic studies.
High-content analysis available as well, for detailed elucidation of human-relevant toxicity.
Infectious Diseases modeling
Our human iPSC-derived respiratory cells express essentially similar markers as their primary counterparts, allowing for reproducible and scalable human infection assays.
Validated markers include ACE and TMPRSS2, thus realizing a manipulable yet predictive tool with which SARS-CoV-2 infection can be efficiently and effectively assessed.
Other pathogens, including influenza and RSV, predictably infect our respiratory cells & organoids, after which we can utilize various assays.
Pulmonary Fibrosis models
Our alveolar organoids reproducibly demon-strate dynamic responses to pro-fibrotic and anti-fibrotic agents, leveraging the stable and unique form factor, and our 'swelling assay’.
Our antifibrotic re-expansion assay allows for non-destructive longitudinal tracking of dynamic, multi-faceted pathophysiology underlying pulmonary fibrosis.
Various conventional assays, as well as additional cellular/organoid manipulations, can be used in combination (e.g., patient-derived, genetic pulmonary fibrosis).
Cystic Fibrosis models
For further information, please contact us.
- MORE INFORMATION FOR CRO Services
- Airway & Alveolar models in full use.
- Epithelium + fibroblast organoids available, with other multilineage organoids/MPS currently under development.
- Open to patient-derived organoid generation.
- Academic/non-profit discounts available; collaborative research on novel investigative efforts welcome.
Contact us for your challengeable research with our unique cells & organoids.
Inquiries on pricing and other details very much welcome.
Thank you for your interest in our cell products and services!